| Comments ]

For those of you who weren't able to be at Northwest Knockdown, I'd love to make you feel better about missing it, but it was freaking amazing! The women competing for the top slots have surpassed rockstar status to become superheroes. In fact, I'm sure that some of the ladies I saw possessed super strength, the power of flight, or yes, even invisibility.

Not only did fans enjoy the pinnacle of derby athleticism, it was a damn posh production, too. Big ups to all the competitors, refs, statisticians, mascots, volunteers, coordinators, vendors, photographers, journalists and of course fans who made the event HUGE!

Don't forget to support Fracture Mag by dropping by to check out my coverage of Nationals. If you like it, let them know, and they may send me to capture other derby goodness for you!

Also, I've a got a few lovely pics to share with you from the weekend, so head on over to my Flickr album to check those out.

Disclaimer: I am not a photographer. I do not have a fancy camera. These are not super awesome derby photos in which you can see the sweat flying off Rice Rocket's brow. They are more like the photos you would probably take if you were there. Which, in a way, I guess makes them kind of cool.


FRACTURE magazine